06 October, 2007

Of FOs and Ravelry...

After months of waiting, I was invited to join the ranks of Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/) on the first of the month. I about jumped out of my chair and danced with excitement. I've spent a few days uploading projects and checking it out; I have to say, it's pretty spiffy and I think after they put everything up they want to, it will be even better. How exciting that I can keep track of everything in one place: my stash, needles, FOs, WIPs...and I can see other people who have done the same projects or have similar yarn. Very cool site. I'm Wit over there. So shocked that this late in the game, I was able to get a name with no numbers or silly spellings! Clean, simple, brief. Love it.
So there was the Ravelry part of my entry. Onto Finished projects! Nothing makes me happier then a finished project...except perhaps petting the yarn and dreaming of what a pretty thing it will become--now that I know I am able to do it.

The sweater for my son was completed on the Second. I've been having quite the week! Overall, I am so happy with how it turned out. The bottom still rolls despite the garter stitch, but that's so minor that I'm not going to try and fix it. I'll just have to keep it in mind the next time I make this pattern. For the only thing I love better then a hoodie for myself is a hoodie for my son. (That would be his hand in the picture, by the way, on its way to reign Toddler Doom upon the poor thing!)


And a quick close-up of the hood. I think there is something so sweet about toddlers in hoodies.
The next project was supposed to be a sweater for Hubby, but I realized too late that I lacked both the dpns for the project and needles to get the sweater to scale. So I am now waiting on my second shipment from KnitPicks. In the meantime, I decided to keep myself busy making my Foliage (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTfoliage.html), since I already had the Malabrigo to make it. (Another birthday gift when I went shopping with my MIL; just so happy I could finally use it! For awhile, I was worried I wouldn't find a project fitting for it and I'd have to pet it and keep it in my yarn tub.) Started on the Fourth and finished today. Very quick but lovely knit. Can't see the leaf motif so well because of the colorway, but it's still lovely and I'm so happy with it. Wisconsin, you better be cold so I can wear my hats!
The only real change I made to the pattern was to start it on 2 circular needles instead of dpns. I didn't have the right size and trying to use such a soft wool on nickel-plated needles was a disaster.
Playing with some acrylic while the wait for my needles continues. Ah, the joys of being without an LYS.


No comments: