Manly Maze is going well and I am thus-far pleased with it. Couldn't quite get my gauge right while swatching, so I thought I'd be clever and cast-on the next size up and lose about 2 inches when all was said and done. (Mental note: learn how to properly swatch, as annoying as it is.) This didn't quite work out in practice as it should have in theory. Luckily, I think I've managed to get it wide enough because, had I followed the pattern and ignored the nagging voice telling me to try it on him first, it would have been too long and too big. The pattern would have been too low on the chest and arms and the arm holes too low. So I'm pre-emptively calling this a good save and thanking the heavens that I'm overly-cautious and worried things won't fit. (Mental note: this is a good trait to retain.)
There's a slight pull on the back that the camera caught. It isn't noticable otherwise, not to me anyway. It's from when I realized that size 4's were giving me too small a gauge and it was time to go up a size. Yes, I'm lazy, I didn't frog back. I would think a good washing and blocking should fix it right up.And a side view. I'm currently 5 or 6 rows below this point and am optimistic this first large project will turn out. If I don't drag my bottom, I should have it done before we go home, if not, I'll just have to finish it there, no biggie.