09 February, 2009

Finally, a couple of FO pictures...

I have another project I finished, but I need to finish sewing up seams and the like. While waiting on the fourth Sundara update o' doom, I thought it would be a good time to update this blog. :)


Pattern: Rusted Root
Needles: US size 7
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece-Cherry Moon

Mods have been listed in previous posts about this sweater, but to give the Cambell's version I a) knit flat and cast on only 1 stitch per front panel until I got to a depth of 5.5" down, b) backwards loop cast-on the missing front panel stitches and went in the round from there, c) added an extra 2" to the front panel by casting on stitches when I took the arms off of the needles, and d) added a 3.5" deep horizontal bust dart.
I am so happy with how this fits and I have enough Cotton Fleece to do a second of these in a beautiful bright blue. I'm not sure if I'll do it exactly like this one, or if I'll modify further.



Pattern: Queen Anne's Lace
Hook: 5.5mm (I)
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Sock-Magenta

Well what do you know? I crocheted and I liked it. I held the sock yarn double to give me more of a worsted weight gauge like the pattern called for. Lovely yarn. Lovely pattern. I am now making myself a headband with the leftovers. FUN. I shall crochet again in the future.

And now for a taste of my current project...Tosh Worsted in Cherry. YUM. Delish and plumps beautifully for cables. Varigation does not hide them in the least.

2 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

You're Rusted Root sweater is awesome! Beautiful job. It looks lovely on you. (I still haven't started my "Must Have Cardigan," been sidetracked by socks)

Jen said...

Yay pictures!!! The projects look great! I love the rusted root. Will have to make one myself someday, well if I can ever get into knitting again:)