15 April, 2009

Thinking out loud

Right now, I'm preparing for a 5-6 week trip back home and pondering what all to take with me. It's true that I've been knitting more slowly as of late, but part of that is the internet's fault and when home, I feel it is horribly rude to spend more then a half hour online checking what is important. Meaning, I do a lot less putzing around. Which is going to open up talking/knitting time, since I like to do the two of them together.
I do not want to err on the side of caution and end up running out of projects to work on. It will leave me vulnerable to the siren song of buying more yarn to work with. On the other hand, I do not want to bring a sizable portion of my yarn collection with me either because we always travel with limited space. (And we ALWAYS come back with more then we left with thanks to doting relatives.) Tricky.

Also been giving thought to reassigning projects to some of the yarn I need to use. I have a few larger quantities that I've been avoiding using as I'm not 100% sure the project I want to use them for is a good fit for me and I've been dragging my butt waiting to see someone more shaped like me model the project on ravelry. Alas, this hasn't happened yet and the yarn either needs to be used, or it needs to be destashed.

In particular, I'm questioning what I want to use this Cashcotton DK for. Originally, I planned to use it for Cherry. Now I'm not sure I'm up for heavy pattern alteration and it's been causing me to not use this yarn. Even with alteration, I have yet to see anyone with a curvier figure wear it and model it. But with the color the yarn is, I'm a little picky about what I want to do with it. I'm thinking I may make it into a Flutter Sleeve Cardigan. Not totally sold on the idea of an aqua one. I think Basic Black could be another good fit for it. Either way, I have the pattern, I just need to make up my mind and I think this project is definitely coming home with me. I've had the yarn in my stash for almost a year now and it hasn't been used yet.

2 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

I vote for "Basic Black" I like it the best.
Socks are always a good traveling project. I like to take at least one if not two with me when I travel.

Kitten said...

I'm voting for the flutter sleeve! Mmm, you have pretty yarn!