09 August, 2009

9 days in...

and I already cast-on a new project. I'm trying to keep it to a minimum, but we'll see. Everything else I'm working on just isn't appealing to me at the moment. I want to make hats, so a hat it is that I chose.



It's from the new Fall Vogue Knitting: the Eyelet Cap by Cathy Carron. I can not wait to block it because it is mind-blowingly pretty when you can see the color changes in the MamaBlue "Pit."

I love hats and I have a couple of free patterns I plan to make with some random sportweight skeins I have hiding in my stash. I may not be sticking to the plan for August, but I am getting rid of some yarn that up until now, had no plans for it. And I have been destashing this week, so I deserve a little something for my loss. :) Because seriously, it is hard to accept that some yarn you're not going to use anytime soon, no matter how pretty or how much you like it. I'd ideally like to destash a bit more, but we'll see. There is a second pattern in the new Vogue that I think will work for some of my other yarn, but I suspect I'll burn out on hats before I get to it.

Despite this little detour, I finally have some pictures of my other projects.


I'm finally using my RYC Cashcotton DK and irritatingly enough, in the original pattern I bought it for. Yes, I spent months agonizing over finding another pattern, just to return to the original. So far, it's looking OK. I'm not loving it. I bought some Aquamarine dye I plan to use on it once it's knit. Crazy and risky: knit the sweater then dye it. I like to live on the edge at times. At the least, I'm hoping for the FO to be a couple of shades darker. Ideally, I'd love for it to be a nice deep color. I have to finish knitting it first and I'm ~10-15% finished.


Another project I worked on this week is my BFF socks by CookieA. I cast these on in May and haven't touched them since. It's not that they're hard or anything, just became sidetracked and hadn't been in a sock mood. In all truth, I was in one for a couple of days and am back out of it. I'd like to push through this first sock at the least and go from there. Pictured is the cuff, but I have done the heel flap and turned the heel as well. Once I get past the gusset, it will fly.

Not much else going on around here. This afternoon, there is a meeting in town to set up a local Knit and Crochet Guild. I plan to attend, but I'm trying not to get overly excited about it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the project! I have to send DH to get me the magazine now:) I also love the other projects!!!! I need to get some projects done so I can start some new ones myself:) Hope the rest of the guild meeting went well!