31 December, 2009

Eep! 2009 Wrap Up

So things got just a little crazy with the ILs coming and all. The second half of December there has been silence from me and I apologize for that. I'm still knitting and still behind on FOs. Nothing new there.

Anywho! 2009 wrap up. This was a pretty busy year with a few more projects then last year. 36 total. Of these 7 were adult sweaters and shrugs. 5 were sweaters for children and babies. 7 were hats. 2 were traditional scarves. 6 were shawlettes. 5 were socks. 4 were misc. small projects. That's a lot of knitting.

Another way to look at it is the yardage.



Yardage totals for 2009:


January: 937 yds
February: 1286 yds
March: 1466 yds
April: 1093 yds
May: 909 yds
June: 759 yds
July: 1886 yds
August: 1679 yds
September: 1465 yds
October: 879 yds
November: 1217 yds
December: 1498 yds



Total to date: 15,074 yds or 8.57 miles

That's a lot of yarn being knit up. Over 8 and a half miles' worth of yarn. I think I will continue to keep track next year and see if knitting mostly sweaters changes this at all.

All in all, 2009 was a good year for knitting, though it had a very bad start. Remember Year of the Frog? At least that changed about mid-way through. Imagine what I could have knit had my whole year been like the last 4 to 6 months. Or better yet, imagine how much I would have knit if I had not piddled away so much time on Ravelry and was knitting instead.

Happy New Year everyone! I'll be back with more FOs and other knitting posts tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ravelry, a knitter's best friend, a WIPs worst nightmare...