29 September, 2010

WIP it

Kittens, I made sure that this last Wednesday in September, there would be a WIP post.







I think I did a much better job with the color adjustments this time. That bathroom lighting turns everything yellow. Not such a good look for me.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this, but even with getting a size close to my upper bust measurement, the lace panel is a bit too wide. When I knit this again--it's too adorable not to!--I'll make sure to knit the lace panel in a size smaller then my UB measurement. This top is about 41" in the stockinette section and the lace seems to have stretched about as big, even without blocking. I need something smaller then 38". It's still good and definitely wearable.

The only way to do this and not seriously wonk up the shape of the transition from lace to stockinette is going to be some creative increases on the ends and to shape the armhole, I think. I'll save that for when I decide to purchase some yarn and make it another time.

2 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see it finished. Do you knit on one project at a time? It seems you are a fast knitter. The only way I can be that fast is to knit only on one project at a time.

Unknown said...

Right now, I'm working on this tank and a crocheted blanket for my children. I tend to stick to one project at a time, two at most. For awhile, I allowed myself more and it was chaotic.