Let's see...how about from oldest project to newest today?
Needle: US size 7
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream
First, most of the work on these was completed in February of this year, but it took me until today to seam them up and then weave in the ends. I'm pretty EH about them as a whole, even though they're pretty. The fit on them is OK, but I'm rather doubtful as to how well they'll hold up scrubbing. Maybe after I run them through the hot wash and dryer, the fit will improve.
They're something I'd definitely attempt again down the line, but there really isn't much to say about these.
Pattern: Featherweight Cardigan (Ravel it)
Needle: US size 7
Yarn: Sundara Sock - Aged Oak Barrel
You may recognize this one kittens; I was blogging it not too long ago. I finally found the oomph to weave the ends in yesterday and get this one photographed. (Please forgive the irritated look. I have a hellacious sinus infection, my kids were running around being crazy, and The Husband was being goofy and attempting to cheer me up, but only succeeded in annoying me. This is the most pleasant my face got the entire time.)
To call this a Featherweight isn't entirely correct, but even with my modifications, it's so similar to the original that it would be hard not to call it one. I did use the cast on numbers as a guide and from there, the pattern never came out again. I knew for sure I wanted short sleeves*, but I wasn't sure about the length. Honestly, if I were to redo this, I would have added a bit more length to the body; I hadn't intended to cast it off so soon. The decision was made late at night, sans mirror, and I didn't have the shoulder properly lined up with mine while doing it, so this ended up about 1.5-2" shorter then I had intended. However, it's not too cropped for my taste, so I let it stay as it was.
*Someday, I will have to post a wordy blog about my feelings concerning criticism of short sleeved sweaters. Clearly, I am a lover of them.The only other major mod would be the yarn choice: instead of a single-ply lace weight, I used a plied fingering weight yarn. I prefer the fabric that way. And the lack of pills.
I'm absolutely smitten with the color of this sweater. The Aged Oak Barrel is a gorgeous, complex taupe-y gray with some flashes of a warm wood color.
Yarn: Various snobby yarns from fingering to worsted weight
This is a recent project. I cast it on 13 September and finished it on the first of this month. I worked on it very little (1 or 2 days a week) and it still finished up quickly. Some of that may have to do with the fact that it's a car blanket for my 2 year old and 4 year old. It's larger then a baby blanket, but not so much so that it could be mistaken for an adult one.
The rest of it may be that this was my project to work on when I didn't feel like knitting my tank top--which is fast approaching finished, by the way, but it can be a bit of a slog because it's a big stockinette tube--but still wanted to eat up some yardage. Namely, the 3 bajillion balls of leftovers from all of my past projects. Those add up, kittens. I have a mini tote that houses my leftovers and it was to the point that I could no longer shut it without having to man handle those cute little cakes and squish them. So I decided most of them had to go and they became a blanket for my children. I'm pretty stoked that no yarn had to be purchased to finish this project.
Someday when my leftover tote refills, I am entertaining the idea of making this blanket longer. I may put a border on it so I can widen it as well.