31 May, 2011

So...what does one do after she learns how to make a pouch...?





This kitten here goes completely insane. She drafts a pattern from scratch, learns a new quilting technique and then spends most of the day working on it.








My arm, it is wore out from all the back patting I've done since about 10pm yesterday.






There are so many of my favorite things in this pouch. I'm not even sure where to start.







The interior fabric?







The bunny?







No, I believe my favorite part is right here: a sweet running pony 1" square surrounded by an equally sweet wonky star and then outlined with some twee embroidery. The cute, it just killed me.

I didn't actually follow the tutorial, just looked at the pictures to get an idea of what I was supposed to be doing.

I think I "done good."

A crazy part of me either wants to write up a pattern, or try making more and selling them. I'm not sure, though. This pouch has about 6 hours of work in it, and I'm pretty sure charging minimum wage plus materials it could be a hard sell. Would someone actually pay $50 + shipping for a Kindle cozy? Even one was intricate and sweet as this? And would it be fair to myself to sell my work/time for minimum wage?

Anywho! I had an awesome Memorial Day here, kittens. I hope you all had a good one.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! I want one!:) Really it is really cute. The sewing seems to be going well for you!

SusanB-knits said...

Love it!!!