01 August, 2011

July 2011 Wrap-Up


Yardage Totals 2011

January: 1071 yds
February: 762 yds
March: 1189 yds
April: 1083 yds
May: 849 yds
June: 487 yds
July: 222 yds

Year to date: 5,663 yds or 3.22 miles



Oh, kittens. July ended up being not-so-good for knitting after all, but you already knew that with the lack of blog posts, didn't you?

It turns out that knitting a worsted weight garter stitch blanket large enough to cover a queen sized bed just hasn't been my thing lately. My goal (for the second month in a row) was to finish the bottom chocolate brown stripe: ~2.5 skeins of yarn. I knit up the half a skein and just enough of the next to finish my row. At this rate, I will definitely not finish the blanket before our next move. I might get it done in time for Giftmas 2012.

However. The last few days I've been getting back into my cardigan, which I haven't touched in two months. I still need to see if I'm going to make it with the amount of yarn I have: fear of not having enough has definitely held me back. I've been in a place where I just didn't want to know or deal with it, so it was easier just to shelf the project and distract myself with other things.

My goal for the year was to knit up 4 sweater quantities of yarn. This is still the first. Heading into August. I've destashed quite a bit of yarn the last couple of months, so room will not be an issue. It's just been...demoralizing as a sweater knitter to have no desire to knit sweaters. I think the bad start to the year with the green tweed one set the tone, unfortunately.

At this point, I'm not sure I want to bother making any goals for August. While the list is a nice visual reminder, it does not give me the drive needed to create anything.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't get down! Crafts and hobbies are supposed to be fun, not stressful!