2012 wasn't the best for goals so I did not make to many. But now things have settled...even if they're far from ideal. I've been giving a lot of thought to what I'd like to accomplish goals-wise in 2013, and I think I've come up with a pretty doable list. (Stashdown hasn't been going the greatest--you'll see more in a few days when I get home and can complete my 2012 analysis--but I've been improving over time and I hope next year will finally be The Year when all of this work finally starts to pay off.)
Crafting Goals for 2013:
♥ Work on Giftmas crafts throughout the year, preferably one every other month.
- 2 pairs of adult socks
- 1 pair of socks for each of my children
- a custom designed "wolfie" doll for The Girl
- a Batman doll for The Boy
- small ornaments for family and teacher gifts
* I have most of the yarn on-hand already for these projects.
♥ Knit 4 pairs of socks for myself out of existing stash. At least 2 should be self-striping.
♥ Knit my winter coat. (This will be a 30 point project due to the amount of work and complexity. Point system to be detailed later in this post.)
♥ Knit The Husband's socks before he leaves on his business trip. He has US size 13 feet: hold me, kittens.
♥ Design a Shiba Inu toy and write up pattern.
♥ Finish Goodale sweater plus at least 2 others from stash.
♥ Finish The Boy's wide stripes blanket.
♥ Finish the queen sized bed quilt.
♥ Start new king sized bed quilt.
♥ Cross stitch 2012's Dessert of the Month sampler and start on 2013's Woodland Sampler.
♥ Only purchase yarn that has been earned with the "points system" to help keep stash in numbers low this year. The system is a little rough, but I think it could work.
- 1 finished pair of socks = 5 pts
- 1 finished sweater = 10 pts
- 1 finished knit toy = 3 pts
- 1 small finished project = 2 pts
-To earn a skein of sock yarn, I need to knit 25 pts worth of projects. (This number is high due to the fact that I stashed so many random skeins of sock yarn in 2012.)
- To earn an under $100 sweater quantity, I need to knit 20 pts worth of projects. Roughly a 2 for 1 ratio.
- To earn an over $100 sweater quantity, I need to knit 30 pts worth of projects. Roughly a 3 for 1 ratio.
- To earn an over $150 sweater quantity, I need to knit 40 pts worth of projects. Roughly a 4 for 1 ratio. (Added 06 January 2013 after assessing types of sweater quantities in stash.)
- Gift project yarn is free, if an immediate cast on. Exception will be made for sale yarn (ie-Knit Picks Swish Tonal which I use all the time for gift knits).
And I think that's it. How about you, kittens? Do you have any plans or strategies for 2013? Did you finish what you wanted to in 2012? Happy 2013!