09 September, 2007

Project 4: knitting needle roll

Not an actual knit project, but for knitting purposes none-the-less. SnB contained this pattern which I modified to include a second set of pockets for my DPNs--when I finally get around to purchasing some, that is. I don't own much in the way of knitting needles just yet, so my case is rather empty. But I'm sure that will change as time goes by!


Overall, this project took about five to six hours, considerably less them then I thought it would. Though I'll admit, I thought I was going to lose my mind drawing all those seperate lines and then having to stitch them all. I was nervous starting this since I haven't actually sewn in some time, but I think it turned out well! I do prefer knitting to sewing at this point in time, however.



A view of the inside as well. Roll was made entirely of fabrics from my pre-existing quilting stash--just glad they could be used finally and not sit in that tote any longer! I've had a hard time trying to use my L.B. prints, nothing ever seems special enough for them. Until now, that is. Considering I didn't have to buy any outside materials to make this, I feel it's very nicely color-coordinated and looks like I intentionally picked fabrics out!

No comments: