08 June, 2008

More Wicked Progress

This is the point I was at last night, about two sets of increase rows before I put the sleeves onto waste yarn and started the body. Didn't get too much further along, about 6 rows before I called it a night. I haven't worked on the sweater yet today, but I think I'll hit the waist shaping no problem in a short time. My mind is starting to wander to buttons and what I should do about those, as well as sleeve length. In order to get the most wear out of my sweater now and in the near future, long sleeves are a no-go, 3/4 sleeves likely will not fare much better. I think I'll do a longer short sleeve so that I can wear my Wicked even in the balmy Southern winters.
Turns out I didn't need to increase past the L size for the pattern and I think I even came out a couple of stitches shy of that. Pattern really does run on the large size. (Good thing to keep in mind for my other Zephyr patterns I'll work on later in the year --> next year.)
Have a new sweater crush, strangely enough, from the same woman who wrote out how to convert the Wicked Pullover into a cardigan and seeing hers was what made me have to make mine. http://www.flintknits.com/blog/?p=151 She converted Elizabeth Zimmermann’s “Baby Sweater on Two Needles,” from Knitter’s Almanac into an adult sweater, and what a sweet sweater it is! I think some Dream in Color in Happy Forest is in my future. Serious sweater crush happening over here.

No comments: