18 June, 2008

Something Wicked this way comes...

Finished! Minus the three buttons I need to go purchase and sew onto the bottom. I thought 15 would be enough, but I'd be wrong, wouldn't I?






Overall, very happy with the results of this knit. It fits now--stretches a bit over the belly but that's fine as I won't be pregnant forever --and it's light enough that I should be able to wear it in the "cold" Texas winters. And it makes me smile everytime I try it on to boot. Which in my book makes it a GREAT knit. I'd like to do another one some other time, maybe in a more neutral color or just another color, period. It makes me feel cute. (Yes, I realize I'm not smiling in the picture, it's about the sweater, not me and DH didn't warn me he was taking it at that moment. HA.)


So onto the next project. I originally picked up 5 skeins of this super yummy Dream In Color Smooshy in Beach Fog to make a Thermal, but realized that once again, I will almost never wear it as Texas doesn't get cold enough. BOO. Now, it's becoming a Tempest from Knitty, which I think I'll get more wear out of and I can even work on it despite having a huge bowling ball in my stomach. The fingering weight of the yarn should keep me busy for some time as well...just wasn't in the mood for small projects quite yet so I thought I'd take on another cardigan before using up some random skeins of yarn. I got the first ball wound tonight, should cast on tomorrow, Toddler permitting.

No comments: