03 November, 2008

Minor catch up

I'm not dead, just learning to cope with having two small children home with me all day. It's cutting into both my sanity and my knitting time--my means for keeping my sanity with my hyper toddler o' doom in the first place. The newborn phase is almost done and I'm hoping that in the coming weeks we'll have a more solid schedule and everyone will calm down and return to something closer to what normal was.
Anywho, this is a knitting blog, so back to what little knitting I've been getting done these past six weeks.
The "Lady" sweater is finished: just needs to be blocked, ends woven in, and buttons sewed on. I'm not as happy with it as I imagined I'd be, but some of that may be from my irritation at the lace pattern and all those missing stitches. I think once it's fully finished, I'll be happier with it. Right now, I'd prefer not to look at it and leave it where it is for the time being.
Once the "Lady" sweater was complete, I broke out my new toy: a ball winder I was able to buy thanks to a 50% off coupon from JoAnn Fabrics. So far, it's been fun to play with.

That is my Yarn Love in Bayfield Apple I had been wondering what to do with. It became a pair of Monkey socks that took me over two weeks to knit, which was strange as I'm used to working so fast. (No pictures of the socks for now, I need to get pictures taken of the FO and do an FO post eventually here.) The socks took just under half the skein and I'm unsure of what to do with the rest. I guess I'll eventually make more socks, or I'll be on the look for anyone from Ravelry who may have an equivalent amount in another colorway. Honestly, I'm not sure where the figure that an average pair of socks takes 400yds of yarn comes from anyway: I think at most, my socks take 230-240yds, and my feet aren't even that small, they're average size.

Now, I'm working on my Green Gable after having the yarn for it sitting in my tote for about a year. I mucked up the lace a bit--what is it with me and these easy patterns lately?!--but it's not noticable and I'm not ripping back for that. If all goes well, I'll have pictures and another project in the near future.

No comments: