29 January, 2009

And it's still not done...

Man, for some reason, this Cherry Root is taking forever. I'm about 3" below the bust dart now and have about 6" more of the body to go before it can be called an FO. I'm starting to feel like it may never end and I'm amazed how much yarn the bust dart ate up. My Green Gable took just under 3.5 skeins of the Cotton Fleece, I'm guessing I won't get away with using fewer then 4 full ones this time.

It probably doesn't help that I've been on Ravelry alot and not working as much on the sweater as I could be. I'm allowing myself to get distracted. My Yarn Snobs group is doing a knit-from-your-stash contest for February and I've been wondering what I'll work on at that time. (Should probably get my current project done first.) Since it's for the Snobs group, I was thinking it was time to break out some of my nicer yarns that I've been too afraid to use until this point. So will it be a lovely Tempest in Sundara Raspberry and MadTosh Twig sock yarns? My new CPH in MadTosh worsted? Maybe I'll finally get around to my Cherry cardigan in Rowan Cashsoft DK. Oh decisions, decisions! I have a couple of days to figure it out, I just wish I were more sure of what I wanted to work on next.

No comments: