Another non-secret? I have a hard time resisting Indie dyers, especially a few particular ones. One was having a Limited Edition posting today and for the first time in awhile, I wanted 4 or 5 of those colors very badly. Something in me started making desperate grabby hands and pleading to own this yarn. ALL of this yarn. The urge was so strong, so bad, I had to think of something I could do in order to quiet it and resume control before I made a huge purchase. I tend to have really good luck at these fiber feeding frenzies and chances were, I'd come out with something.
I emptied out my totes and forced myself to photograph my pretties. I also have reassigned projects to some of them and have decided to publicly document it and then redo my physical check list I'm working on. It's bothers me that it's out of date and incorrect. Also on said check list is a makeshift calendar where I keep track of how long I've gone without a yarn purchase--I'm currently on my third week of no new yarn again after a bit of buying.
Anywho, onto the Picture Post O' Doom...
This is our queen size bed with my totes dumped out upon it. Well, most of the bed...
There is the second half of the bed. I attempted to make groupings of yarn to make them easier to document. (Not pictured is a small amount of dish cotton--seriously, dish cotton is not stash--and a few random skeins of acrylic I have lying around that I use as waste yarn. Oh, and two sweaters I have yet to frog and reclaim the yarn from...) Doing this also made it easier to repack my totes in a way that made more sense. Yay for organization.
First up were all the sweater quantities...these make up over half of my stash.
1. Sundara FSM in Flaming Flamingo (3 skeins), becoming a Broderie if I ever get around to it.
2. MadelineTosh Worsted in Cherry (~2 skeins), becoming a DiC shrug.
Seems harmless enough, right? Not much there, all the pictures will have such small quantities, one would assume.
Oh wait, here's another 4 sweaters instead of 2 like the last picture.
1. Allhemp6LUX in Caviar (6 skeins), becoming Uhura after I clear out some stash that is even older then this.
2. Dream in Color Classy in Grey Tabby (8 skeins), becoming a sweater for DH if I can bring myself to work on a non-selfish project. Though it *would* clear a ton of space in my tote if I worked on it.
3. Sundara FSM in Irish Lass (2 skeins), not sure about this one. Maybe a Featherweight Cardigan? Maybe a tank top of some sort? Too pretty to let go of--one of my LE scores--yet almost too pretty to use and need to find the right project to showcase it.
4. MadelineTosh sock in William Morris (3 skeins), see Irish Lass. Pretty, highly variagated, will have to give it some serious thought. Will have to alternate skeins.
6 projects, still not THAT bad...
SURPRISE! More sweaters.
1. Sundara sock in Limeade (1 skein) & Beach Glass (2 skeins), becoming Tempest #2.
2. Sundara sock in Raspberry (2 skeins) & MadelineTosh sock in Twig (1 skein), becoming Tempest #3.
3. Rowan 4ply cotton in a discontinued color called Magenta (10 skeins), plan to make a brand spankin' new Phildar pattern out of it when I get around to translating the directions into English.
4. Sundara Sock in Poppy (4 skeins), February Lady Sweater.
5. Sundara Sock in Marigold (1 skein), not enough for a sweater yet, it's waiting for the perfect grey to pair it with for a colorwork project.
Uh, we're up to 11 now. Well, 10.5 if you want to not count the future yarn that will go with number 5 from this batch. That's a lot of sweater projects, surely I can't have more...? Right...?
1. Rowan Cashsoft DK in Pool (10 skeins), this priorly blogged yarn is still making up its mind what it wants to be. Right now, a pattern called Buttercup looks to be the winner. This will be my first cast-on after my current projects as it has been hiding in my tote the longest.
2. Madelinetosh Worsted in Moorland (2 skeins), another DiC shrug.
3. MadelineTosh Sock in Jade (3 skeins), I'm thinking Featherweight for this one.
4. Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK (10 skeins), looking to be Mary Jane. This yarn feels like kittens. SO SOFT. I can not remember what the colorway's name is, but it was rather fitting.
5. Sundara Sock in Garden of Delight (5 skeins), another LE score and very similar to the MadelineTosh Sock in Jade. I'm waiting to see what Cosmic Pluto's lastest cardigan in the works is like. I'd like to do a lacey light cardigan with this. So add it to the undecided pile.
16 sweaters. That's all she wrote about those.
Though there is other yarn hanging around in my stash... now we need to talk Sock Yarn.
1. Shibui Sock in Pebble (2 skeins), I'm thinking another pair of Monkeys.
2. Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Olympic Rainforest (~ .5 skeins), sock yarn for my mother, still need to think of what the second pair I make her will be.
3. Dyet Yarns in a colorway I can't remember and I realized this is not on my Rav stash page (1 skein), not sure what I'll do with it quite yet. Socks? Mitts? Something else?
4. Knitivity's Downhome Sock in Tropical (1 skein), will become a pair or tow of socks for my sister.
4 fingering weight non-sweater projects.
By now, if anyone is surprised by multiple pictures, then I'm surprised.
1. Sock Yarnista (3IG) Kinsale in Icing Blue (1 skein), thought I'd use it to make Selbu Modern and then changed my mind. Now considering it as the background color for this month's mystery socks in SKA.
2. My yarn I dyed at DFW Fiber Fest (1 skein), socks for DH of unknown pattern.
3. MadelineTosh Sock in Waterlily (1 skein), going to become the feminine counterpart to my current scarf project.
4. Yarn Love Elizabeth Bennet in Ancient Forest (2 skeins), tiny part will be part of said mystery socks, but unsure of the rest. Can I bring myself to wear silk on my feet?
5. Patons Stretch Sock in Sugar (2 skeins), basic ribbed socks. I know, a non-snobby yarn! GASPEH.
6. TOFUtsies, colorway unnamed, (1 skein), probably more basic socks since these are so variagated they hide patterns.
7. Dale of Norway Baby Ull (~.5 skein), leftover from my brother's hat and no use at this time.
11 fingering weight non-sweater projects. Man, these are just adding up.
And of course, there are more.
1. Dashing Dachs in Caribbean Goldfish (1 skein), once again, basic socks.
2. The Plucky Knitter MCN in Leona Stevenson (1 skein), not sure what to do with this. Scarf?
3. Sundara Sock in Cherry Blossom (1 skein, soon to be 2), Saving up for a sock weight cardigan or maybe a wrap.
4. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Amy's Vintage Office (2 skeins), more Monkeys or other pattern that's good for multicolored sock.
5. Mamablue Troika sock in Pit (1 skein), planning to make a scarf with this one.
6. The Plucky Knitter in Jezebel (1 skein), mystery sock knit and then ...?
7. KnitPick's Dancing in ? (1 skein), *yawn* basic socks.
8. Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Sundae (1 skein), socks, not sure what kind.
9. Unwind Yarns in Cheeky Monkey (1 skein), thinking of using this in another scarf pattern with some undyed merino.
10. Unwind Yarns in Pink Mink (1 skein), undecided.
11. Squoosh MCN sport in Froggy (1 skein), Entomology.
12. Yarntini Variegated Sock in Cherry Cordial (1 skein), undecided.
So that's um....23 fingering weight projects.
Next, Lace. From here on out, these will be so much shorter and easier to blog.
This is my one picture of lace stash.
1. MadelineTosh Lace in Thunderstorm (1 skein), Whisper Cardigan.
2. The Plucky Knitter Cashmere Silk Laceweight in 2 of Hearts (2 skeins), Whisper #2.
3. MadelineTosh pure silk lace in Hibiscus (1 Skein), I'm thinking Hanami?
4. Madeline Tosh pure silk lace in Cherry (2 skeins), thought I'd make a top but now am thinking a Fountain Pen shawl or something else.
4 Laceweight projects.
I originally thought I'd blog the next few pictures, but honestly, none of them have projects and I'm getting sore between the shoulders sitting here so long.These, by far, are not the most worrisome part of my stash.
The purpose of this post was to kill my stashing urge and believe me, it worked. I have so much work to do. OY.