06 July, 2009

Trying to keep up with blogging...

At least a few times a week!

Been busy busy busy thanks to the husbeast being home for a 4 day weekend. One of the perks of being military is the extended holiday weekends. So I still have tomorrow with him home to keep knitting and moving right along on these knits. And they are going faster then I would have predicted even a couple of days ago.

Remember how I said I thought the lower portion of my Tie Shell top would take at least a week?



It's done.

I'm ready to start the upper lace portion tomorrow and at this point in time, I am cautiously optimistic that I may be able to call it an FO by mid-month. If that's the case, it will have taken me just shy of three weeks to knit and that feels good. It's been quite some time since I could claim to have done that. I'm not sure if it's that I've gotten slower, or if Ravelry is eating up my time I would otherwise spend knitting.


Don't mind me while I pat myself on the back for this lovely job picking up stitches at the waist band. I'm not sure when this happened, but I have developed a knack for doing it.

I've also been working on the scarf I posted about a couple of days ago. It's moving right along, a bit slower then I would have thought, but it's going. I've used up about 30% of the yarn so far and I'm hoping to be through half the skein by the 7th for the first Snob weigh in.


I just love how this colorway is pooling right now! I couldn't have planned that better if I tried. Blue columns in a sea of brown are love.

No comments: