15 August, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday

It seems that Wednesdays are my day to post in August.   It's been nice to get back on a some-what regular posting schedule.  [Not having a huge audience reading this blog helps since I do not feel the pressure to perform that more popular bloggers do.  I can fall off the planet for weeks at a time and not receive a barrage of, "Are you OK?!" emails.]

I have not been taking a lot of time to knit this last week, but this is what I have done so far.  I decided to cast-on...











Color Affection.  I thought I was ready to work on a sweater after all of the small projects I've done, but I was mistaken.  A shawl it is.  So far, it's a really easy and mindless knit.  Seriously: of the 4 pages of pattern, the actual directions take up fewer than 2 dozen lines...maybe 1/3 of a page.  It's simple but clever, something I've grown to appreciate in a pattern.  If I find this wearable, I have about a half-dozen more color combinations already picked out and ready to go.  Heh.

I guess we'll see how I feel when I hit the point where each row is like slow, agonizing death.  :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like your color combo!!!!