24 October, 2012

Not A Podcast: Episode 7






Kittens, it's that time of the week again: video podcast day!  Trying to keep everything short and sweet; I came in at just over 18 minutes this week.


Onto the show notes!

♥ This is one of my favorite mugs.  It can be found at the Sugar Bunny Shop.  I have the Mashimaro one too.  Eee!  They are large, nice heavy weight, hold almost 2 full cups of liquid, and are high quality.  And really, $15 for something like that isn't so high priced.  LOVE.
♥ Hopefully the bit about our renter wasn't over-sharing.  The house has been a huge sore spot for us since we bought it in December 2006...and 2 days after closing were told we had orders to PCS.  It's been a dramatastic ride ever since full of dead beat renters and now our current one is getting shafted by VA and the military retirement system.  Which means we are getting shafted by them too.

FOs:
Diamond's Little Sister - US Size 6 needles.  Knit Picks Swish Tonal in Queen Anne.  Minor foot mod: removed 5 rounds.  Made felt and embroidered eyes rather than safety eyes.
The Boy's First Real Winter Mittens - US Size 4 and 6.  Knit Picks Swish Tonal in Canopy and Kindling.  Modified the cuff to be twisted ribbing and lengthened.  Also lengthened the thumb.  I think this is a good pattern, but you should watch it to make sure it will fit your child's hand.  

WIPs:
♥ One sewing project but no projects on needles were worked on this week.  Crazy!
Open Wide Zippered Pouch tutorial by Anna at Noodlehead.  The one I'm making is a modified size Large.
 TARDIS panel from Amanda Hall's Etsy shop.  She blogs at The Craft Junky.
 


Soon to Cast-On:
Goodale by Cecily Glowick MacDonald....maybe. Yarn choice is fighting me hard on this one.  I may have to accept that it's not meant to be.
♥ Gearing up for the Dancing Dog Dyeworks' 30 Day Sockdown KAL November.  I'm not 100% sure about pattern and yarn choice yet, but a full month is plenty of time for at least one pair of socks. 
♥ I may cast on a second pair of mittens for my daughter.  The last pair took 3 days start-to-finish; I could definitely finish a pair for her before the end of the month.

Stash Flash:
Ladybug Fiber Company 75/25 Self-striping in "Mesa Sunrise."  PURDY.  Thanks to after-the-fact color correction, there was no reason I had to go through so much trouble getting this skein to look right!  When will I learn?!
♥ Other podcast I referenced is Whatcha Swatchin?  with host, Emily.  We have similar taste in yarn and patterns...and she keeps her shows fairly short, which I love. 

No comments: