29 March, 2009

2009: Year of the...Frog?

So it would seem for me, so it would seem.

I have been having a bear of a time this year with keeping projects on needles and I think I've frogged close to half of what I've cast on. This weekend has been horrible that way. The scarf from last post? Frogged. Didn't care for the pattern enough to figure out the instructions. When it comes down to it, I'm not so much a lace knitter. It has now been cast on as a second Ishbel. Then yesterday, I cast on a Zig Zag blanket, worked on it for about two hours, and decided I hated it. Frogged. It has now been recast on with two sizes smaller needles and many more stitches so that I would like the look of the fabric better and I could do longer zig zags like in Grumperina's Jaywalker socks.

It's really hard to rack up the yardage this way. :) I'm hoping the rest of 2009 will go better then the first quarter has. Not a great year for knitting so far.

No comments: