31 March, 2009

March's tally

Well, it's the last day of March, so I may as well do my yardage tally and post up the year to date totals. :)
Yardage totals for 2009:
January: 937 yds
February: 1286 yds
March: 1466 yds

I would say that this month's total is particularly impressive considering all the frogging I did this last weekend. Had I not had to do that, I think another 100-150yds could have been added to my total for the month. I've been pleased, though; I'm consistently increasing my knitting each month. In a perfect world, I would love to be knitting a mile a month-about 1760yds-but I'm happy with what I can get! And if I knit too much, people may start to wonder if I ever watch my kids or if the poor things sit around all day while Mommy knits. :) I still do not have a lot of FOs to show for it, but I'm getting there!

Now we can get to the part with the pictures! First, my FO from this week. My first Ishbel is finished (though the picture I have right now is not color accurate, my previous post about it is much closer to the actual colors.)



Pattern: Ishbel
Needles: Size 6 Harmony interchangeables
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight-color Backstabber

Loved this pattern and as with previous exposure to her work, the pattern is very well written and easy to follow. Clever and gives nice results. I like it so much, I'm making another in blue.


So far, it's looking really nice and I think that it will show off the lace beautifully. I like it much better then the other project I attempted with it. I also found that after the first 5 yards or so, the yarn is getting to be nicer, so I think the end of that particular skein must have been rough.



Next is my Zig Zag lap blanket I'm making. This will be a long term project, to be sure. At just over 200 yds of fingering weight yarn as of today, I have maybe an inch and a half to show for it. I'm in no hurry on this one and eventually, it will be finished. I figured I may as well have one crazy project that is all willy nilly with the colors. I can already see that it's a great way to use up my sock leftovers as well as skeins of sock that are too variegated for me to use for anything else. It's easy enough to be pretty mindless, but there's enough going on to not put me to sleep. I'm not thrilled with 441 purl stitches every wrong side row, but for now, I'm surviving. I love that fact that it's a project I can put down and pick back up whenever I feel like working on it.

Here's to hoping that April will be just as productive and more so!

No comments: