01 March, 2009

Goodbye February...

Now that we are almost a quarter of the way through 2009, I think it's safe to say that my original plan to cut yarn buying (as outlined in January) failed. It did quite the opposite and helped me spiral into a guilt-induced buying binge. I think it's more helpful for me to focus on the amount I'm knitting rather then what I'm buying, while trying to be more mindful of only purchasing when I have a project for the yarn. Though admittedly, this hasn't been a huge issue for me as I rarely buy random skeins that I'm unsure of what to do with. I have them, but they make up under 10% of the yarn I have. My real problem is I fall in love with the constant barrage of patterns, find the right yarn and buy it. So my tote is full and that's the official way of knowing I have too much.

Anywho, back to knitted yardage...I enjoyed the "diet" we held during February in my Snobs group on Ravelry. I didn't win, not even sure I placed in the top five, but it was interesting to see how much I was really knitting up. I've decided that no matter what, I want to keep track of my monthly yardage and see how much I knit that way in 2009.
So here's the year to date:
January: 937 yds*
February: 1286 yds
*January does not include what was knit on projects that I have hibernating or frogged, just projects I kept.
February was full of knitting, but only a couple FOs. I seem to be lacking the knitting mojo this year and I'm enjoying all that I'm doing, just it's going very slow and I'm not having much to show for all of it. This is the first month I've allowed myself to have multiple projects on needles and it's looking like it's not the best arrangement for me. If I don't focus on one project or another, nothing gets finished. I've been focusing on my CPH lately and so far, I have the back and one of the front pieces finished with the second front cast on. From there, I plan to block all of those, seam them together, and do the hood and the picked up band before working on the sleeves. I still can't decide what to do with those. What length to make them. If I want to leave the big complex cable on them or do something else instead.
Here's to hoping that March is a bit more productive and I'll have some FO pictures soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What did you buy on your binge? I am having troubles with FOs as well. Maybe 2009 isn't a good crafting year. I should have a sweater done tonight though for my first FO of the year. So sad...