14 June, 2009

Arrrrgh!

There is nothing worse then realizing you will run out of yarn and are so close you can see the end of the project. I finally found the oomph to finish my Soap Bubble wrap and too late, I realized that I am going to be about a half skein short. Which means I won't be able to do the last few rows of the back piece, no yarn to seam with, and I still need to knit the belt. Before I started, I realized I didn't have enough from when I purchased the allhempLUX on a whim. So I contacted the lovely ladies at Kpixie and they still had my dyelot. I knew I needed two more skeins and ordered three to be safe.

Should have made it four. *Groan*

I'm hoping lightning will strike twice and they still have one skein of my dyelot floating around in their shop; I'm anxiously awaiting an email. I have a sneaking suspician mine may be one of a discounted bundle of 4, which means I'll have to overbuy, but at this point, it beats not being able to finish after I had to force myself to get moving again. (If I do overbuy, hemp makes great market bags and 3.5 skeins should be plenty to make one.) I even checked Ravelry for anyone destashing and couldn't find any. I thought about making a post in ISO/Destashing, but that board is anything but friendly and I'd have to be seriously desperate to do it. I'm not quite there yet, so for now, I'm going to wait for my email and hope they can help me out. I just started my last yarn cake and it will take me a couple of days to work through. By then, I should have my yarn ordered and just have to wait for it to get here. I'm kinda bummed I'll have to take another break on this knit though, that's why it took so long in the first place. Once I lose my momentum, it's really hard to get going again. I have plenty else to work on, I just don't want to go through the drudgery of getting going, especially so late in a knit.

One knit at a time, that's the way for me to go. I have to admit that I do not have a problem starting project after project. Maybe it's that I do not have enough needles to afford the 'luxury.' Or maybe it's because I know that I won't finish anything if I allowed myself to flit from one to another to another. I love the process of knitting, but I love FOs as much or more. I just want this top finished so I can knock it off the list and start work on another. I have some socks hanging out as well, but I don't see those as everyday projects. I have to be in the right mood for them and it's not very often. Once I finish this wrap and a baby sweater for a friend, I'll finish those and decide what to do next.

Good thing I don't lack in projects in my queue.

No comments: