10 June, 2009

Catching up after vacation...part 1

OK. We've been back in town since late Saturday evening and I'm finally getting organized enough to update this blog and show off all the things I did while home. I have a couple of small knitting FOs as well as some sewing ones. Today, I'll post up the knitted ones and go from there.




Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock (Olympic Forest Colorway)
I was quite pleased with myself that I was able to get this project done in time to give them to Mom for Mother's Day, even though I did start it way back in January. I still have enough yarn left over to make a second pair of socks for her, but for now, I'm working on some projects for me before I do that. Very good basic pattern that could easily be altered and it comes with instructions for fingering, sport and worsted weight socks. I really liked the yarn as well, and depending on how it wears, it could be added to my favorite sock yarns list, which so far, Shibui reigns supreme on.



Pattern: Duckies
Needles: US 3 / 3.25 mm
Yarn: The YoYo Sport String (Braaains colorway)
The pattern for this one was alright; I'm not so much a fan of a heel flap that's not slip stitched to make it thicker and more durable. Quick knit and my first pair of sportweight socks. I made them anklets as I didn't have a whole skein of yarn for the project, but I could have likely gotten away with one more pattern repeat on the legs with what yarn I had leftover. The MCN blend yarn is very soft and squishy. I'm curious to see how it wears before I use any of my other ones for socks.
I really wish I could say that I got more done then this knitwise, but I didn't. I am almost done with my Soap Bubble Wrap and hope to be calling it an FO in the coming week. After taking a couple of days off to travel up to Wisconsin, I lost steam on it and couldn't get it to hold my interest. So I worked on socks instead, while making myself do 2-6 rows on the back piece of the Wrap every day. At least I kept working on it despite a loss of interest.


Next entry, I'll have to blog about my dyeing class in Addison with MadelineTosh's Amy. I didn't get pictures of the class, sadly, but I have some of the yarn I dyed up. Nix that, I'll do May's yardage totals first and then blog about the class.

No comments: