29 June, 2009

Finished!

Finished the baby gift for my friend. I'm almost 100% sure she doesn't check my craft blog. If I want to show her what I've been working on, she usually checks Flickr. So for now, I'm keeping the pictures off of that site but I thought it would be safe to post up here.



Needles: Knitpicks Harmony interchangeables US 7
Yarn: Lionbrand Cotton-Ease

Very fast knit. Took a week but had I not taken my time with it I could have finished much more quickly. I had forgotten how quickly these worsted weight baby knits work up. For the most part, I stuck to the pattern. It was a simple, basic construction. Nothing too fancy. It's written for sport weight or DK yarn, so I cast on for the 0-3 month size and ended up with a sweater that fits my 9 month old. Which should be perfect for when her little guy needs a sweater this fall and winter.
I plan to heavily alter this pattern to make a sweater for my daughter down the road. I'm planning to make it short or 3/4 sleeved as well as a hoodie.


I discovered that felt is not the easiest thing to work with. But for a first time working with it and being a disgustingly bad hand sewer, I think I did alright.
So yay! FO #11 for the year is now complete. That number makes me a bit sad since it means I've been completing fewer then two knits a month. I'm hoping to have at least two a month for the rest of the year. If I do some smaller projects, I should be able to accomplish that.

1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

The sweater is darling! and I love the little applique.