31 March, 2010

March wrap up and Q1 too!

It's hard to believe, kittens, but another month has come and gone. Time for the yardage post!


Yardage Totals 2010

January: 1884 yds
February: 2850 yds
March: 2893 yds

Year to date: 7627 yds or 4.33 miles

I've been wondering how much longer I can keep up this pace. It's awesome, but I know it won't last forever. Eventually, I'm going to hit a slump.

Since I am participating in Stashdown this year with my Yarn Snobs group, I've decided to also update with my quarterly results on the blog. They were part of my resolutions, so why not? It will help keep me honest. So here they are:


2010 Q1 Stashdown


Yardage in: 6,681
Yardage out: 9,766
Net stash change: -3,085
Ratio (yds out/in): 1.462


I didn't do too bad in Q1, not as well as I would have liked, mind you. Toward the end, I made a few purchases and I didn't get a chance to use up the yarn before it was up. Overall, there was a reduction and for that, I'm glad.

For Q2, I'm aiming for no-yardage-in. This shouldn't be too hard, as there are no gift-giving holidays in the next three months and I'm busy preparing for an 1,100 mile move sometime during Q3. (Oh my, I haven't even blogged that, have I? I hinted at it and being stressed out and busy, but never came out and said why it was.) It's easy to stay motivated not to buy when I'm focused on fitting everything into my single tote and I'm rather close. I'll need a couple more 2,000yd+ months to make it happen, though.

As I update each quarter, I think I'll do a running tally for the year as well. The math geek in me loves this.

No comments: