24 March, 2010

WIPing back onto schedule

Yeah...last week's WIP it post never happened thanks to a rota virus that swept through our house over the weekend. Other then my sweater, there wasn't really anything to show or blog anyway, so not a huge loss in the end. So let's get to the WIPs, shall we?





Ah, the ugly socks. There hasn't been a lot of progress made on these since they were last blogged. I've knit about 6 rows--two at a time for 12 total rounds--since. I'm not in love with them and other sock patterns keep sweetly singing to me. I want to finish these first and I can in relatively short order, if I just focus and DO them rather then thinking about other knits I'd rather be working on. Starting last night, I now have a goal of knitting on them for at least an hour every night until they're finished. I'm not sure if I can stick to that, but if I can, I should have socks in the next two weeks.

I know a lot of other knitters love self-patterning yarn: I am not one of them. It makes me a bit sad because some of the most robust sock yarns happen to be self-patterning. Thus is life, I suppose.





And my Heather Hoodie Vest. I am so close to finishing this one, but after being knocked on my back for two days, it has been hard to get back into and finish. (It's been hard to get back into knitting, period.) I could not get a decent photo of this one, so the peek of the sleeve and collar will have to do. This was the best representation of the color I could get with the best definition of the cable. It just pops out in person, but in photos it may as well not be there.

As usual, there are heavy modifications I've made to the pattern. I've shortened the body, made it knit all in one piece rather then seamed, swapped the hood out for a collar, and am widening the button bands on the front. I'm still debating what I want to do about the sleeves; I suspect they will be slightly lengthened. I am not a fan of cap sleeves.

There it is kittens: what I've worked on this last week barring lots of stress and sickness. I hope to do some better, less rambly and unfocused posts soon!

No comments: