04 December, 2008

Before my brain turns to goo...

I thought I'd post a picture of the progress I'm making on the Little Sister dress. It is taking longer then I thought it would...who knew a baby dress in fingering weight would be so time consuming? Or how hard it is to take a decent up close picture of an object made of bright red yarn?
Anywho, I'm over halfway finished with another 3.5-4" to go and then I can do the fancy bottom I plan to put on it. If all goes well, I'm hoping to call it an FO by Sunday. We shall see I suppose.

Oh, and I just sent in my registration for a dyeing class hosted by Amy of MadelineTosh. It's the last weekend in April and the Mister suggested we make it an overnight trip. Should be fun and I'm beyond excited about it. I've started reading up on how to dye yarn, but to learn from a woman who makes gorgeous colors like this Jade I just received? (This was a quick grab from Sonny & Shear. Always a pleasure to shop there. )
Priceless.
If I can pick up even a smidgen of her talent, I'll be the happiest knitter ever. Never again will I have to search high and low for the perfect color or angst when I can not get enough to finish a sweater. I'm stoked right now and having fantasies of dyeing prowess.

No comments: