25 December, 2008

Plum Rose is finished!


Pattern: Rose Red by Ysolda Teague
Needles: Size 7 circulars and DPNs
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino in Plum Blossom

Tuesday, my "emergency" second skein of Malabrigo arrived and I was able to finish my beret that night. It took awhile to get the pictures taken, though. (Our apartment is in a state of chaos since our closet had to be torn apart due to a burst pipe in the next unit. So pretty much everything we own is out of the closet and everywhere else. It's crowded in here.) The silk in my yarn choice made the beret more slouchy and gave it a different drape, but I like it that way. I would gladly make another of these in the same yarn. Malabrigo doesn't make any crimson reds in this line, so I'll have to look for another. I needed only 8 grams of the second skein of yarn, so now I need to figure out what to do with another 122-ish yards of Malabrigo...I may wait until I decide if I want to make a sweater out of it and save it for that.
Now I'm just finishing up a Purl Bee beret for myself and should be done tonight or tomorrow, then I need to decide if I'll finally cast on my Jaywalkers or work on my Anne Elliot Spencer sweater. I have yarn caked for both, it just depends on what suits my mood, I suppose. I'm not so much in a sock mood, so it's a safe bet that I'll work on the mini sweater instead.
Anywho, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all who read my blog! Time to get into gear for 2009.

No comments: