07 December, 2008

Little Sister is done!

Needles: Size 2 and 3 circs
I wasn't sure I was going to make it before the day was done, but "stick a fork" in this dress. It is done. I had originally thought it would take a week at most and was sad to find out how mistaken I was. Overall, I'm very happy with it and think it's adorable. I did modify the bottom of the pattern to be more special and girly as well as add pretty pearl buttons to dress it up a bit. I liked this pattern enough that I would definitely make it again and play around with modding it some more.
This picture is more true to color then the other one. Not sure I'd use this yarn again though. The color is beautiful, but I wasn't fond of the yarn base. It was a little rough to work with and splitty. The finished fabric is soft enough and rather nice to touch.
Now, time to get back into the swing of things on my Shetland Shorty and then I'm off to Jaywalker land. In order to keep myself moving on projects, I'm starting to cake yarn and create a line up so I have a project or two picked in advance to battle some of this sock yarn. Solid colors are fine: I can make sweaters. It's all the varigated stuff I have that's the issue. So, Shorty, Jaywalkers, another Purl beret...and then a sweater again, I hope?

1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

Cute dress! I love the pearl buttons.