20 December, 2008

Hats seem to be the name of the game...

...for now at least.

The Beret I featured in my last blog is on hold until a second skein of Malabrigo Silky Merino can make it my way. With any luck, it will be Monday. I'm 12 rows from the end--so close. Had I been paying closer attention and not still in newborn mode, I would have noticed that I had 100 fewer yards of yarn then the pattern called for. I'm sure I will not need that many, but I will need to use part of a second skein of yarn.

In preperation for my 2009 knitting resolutions, I've been contemplating ways to use up sock yarns and scraps that do not include knitting socks. So far, I have ideas for two patterns that I'll publish on this blog shortly; the first I just finished tonight. I have a bad habit of buying sock yarns, buying a single skein, and then not knowing what to do with them. ( I can't help myself, I am a color junkie.) Lately, I've been having zero luck destashing on Ravelry and they have to get out of my tote somehow! Thus, "Things to do with sock yarns and scraps," will be born. Though it needs a more brief name that doesn't trip on the tongue.

Tonight, I plan to cast on my second Purl Beret in an attempt to use up part of another skein of sock yarn. The stuff breeds like rabbits, I swear!

What is life without some pretty hats?

No comments: